Thursday, April 07, 2005

More Deep Thoughts

I still have writer’s block, so I’m going to use the words of people far more eloquent than I am.

1. “If I let my fingers wander idly over the keys of a typewriter it might happen that my screed made an intelligible sentence. If an army of monkeys were strumming on typewriters they might write all the books in the British Museum.” Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington (1882–1944)

Hmmm...I wonder if that monkey idea would work for me...

2. “Fine writers should split hairs together, and sit side by side, like friendly apes, to pick the fleas from each other’s fur.” Logan Pearsall Smith (1865–1946)

First monkeys? Now apes? I’m sensing a theme here.

3. “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Albert Einstein (1879–1955)

For my sake, I hope that’s true.

4. “Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard.” Daphne du Maurier (1907-1989)


5. “Humor is just another defense against the universe.” Mel Brooks (1926- )
Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
Google
Zoetrope Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 |
Powered by RingSurf